Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Art on Etsy

Well, I just wouldn't be much of an artist or blogger if I didn't keep you up to date with ALL of the new art that I am doing- not just the jewelry. So, to that end, I would like to introduce you to two new pieces that are now making their first appearances on Etsy.

the-watchman

The first is called, "The Watchman"- it picks up right where my work left off at the end of last year- heading in a generally Steampunky Carnivalesque direction. Not sure how long this new direction will last, but with my life-long fascination with all things carnival, I doubt it will be ending anytime soon.

dreams-of-flight

The second piece is called, "Dream of Flight." This is actually the second version of this piece, I did the first about 5 years when my Photoshoping skills were much more inept. I always felt like it was a good composition, and vowed that I would one day return to this piece when I had acquired more skill. This time around I'm particularly happy with the butterflies and their subtle shading, but as is often the case with Photoshop, I can still see plenty of flaws in this version, so there is always more to learn.

If you are interested in either of these pieces you can go here to find out more.

-M

P.S. For those of you who do not yet know about Etsy- ETSY.com is a wonderful website for all things handmade. Go, go now, you'll love it- I promise.

No comments: