Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here We Go Again

As promised, and because I am feeling slightly confident after finishing “The Evening Star”, I wanted to show you the parts of the newest piece I am beginning.

new-piece-tin-cake

What is interesting is that this piece feels very different from the last. I can almost see it already finished, and I literally just picked out these elements about an hour ago. On the right, is an antique cabinet card of a lady with a great stare, in the middle, a small antique jelly mold or cake tin, and left, a page from a vintage Danish book dated 1932.

This will again be a neck piece, but visually, I believe it will end up being much lighter and more delicate than its polar opposite predecessor. I’ll keep you updated as we go along.

-M

No comments: