Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mud Slinging

Literally. Went to the NC mountains this past weekend to visit with family, and ended up down at the river with my niece and nephew. We couldn’t go swimming because they didn’t have their bathing suits, but it’s not like that kept them from having fun.

mud-1

mud-2

mud-3

river-1

The river is so nice this time of year even if the water is still really cold.

On the way home, I found a nice antique mall with a few necessities I thought I should pick up.

ambrotype-1

-a great ambrotype from the late 1850’s

bone-pin-1

-a nice antique bone brooch (this one will probably end up in my Etsy shop)

rouge-1

-a great old rouge to be transformed into a neckpiece

small-tin-1

-and a nice petite tin which will be transformed as well

All in all, it was a great weekend, but now its back to it, Bele Chere is coming up in a little more than 3 weeks!

-M

No comments: