Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sneaky Peeky # 2

So, I’m getting close to having most of these pieces finished, but I thought you might like to see another update before they are all wrapped up:

new-pieces-1

I’ve been waiting on a couple of shipments of antique beads to arrive so that I could finish some of the chains; they came in this week so I’m good to go,

new-pieces-2

and I’ve also got to get all the custom boxes finished so that each piece has a snazzy place to call home.

new-pieces-3

I’m hoping to get most everything photographed this weekend so that they can all be up on Etsy by sometime next week.

new-pieces-5

I was also finally able to purchase some much needed toolery from Ornamentea-

I got a jeweler’s saw which will be great for working on some of the tin boxes I’ve recently gotten,

saw

I also got a nice pair of magnifying goggles so that I can actually see what I’m doing,

goggles

and I got a good respirator so that I don’t die from the fumes and dust I’ve been creating. Well the respirator came from Home Depot, but I had to work extra hard to find one with lovely “fuchsia” dust cartridges.

respirator

*********************************************************************************

Finally, on a completely unrelated subject- I stumbled upon this shirt the other day on Etsy and think it must be about the coolest thing ever created- definitely have to have one.

zombies

Enjoy your weekend- M

No comments: