Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Can You Say Score?

You know every now and again, you get lucky. I’m not talking lottery-type lucky because let’s be honest- if I were that lucky I could pay somebody to write this post for me -I’m just meaning I’ve come across some really good items as of late, and cannot wait to get started turning them into new pieces.

The first two things I’ve found are these awesome vintage compact cases:

two-compacts-1

They both are just oozing potential with all their openings and parts that move

Here they are disassembled-

two-compacts-2

This one is great because it has a piece that rotates a complete 360, and it has a wonderful clasp for closing the compact

two-compacts-3

This one, however, might just be the coolest shape I have ever found- it measures 2.5″ x 4″ which is perfect for a neck piece, and it has 2 doors that open, plus a nice recessed area in the top

two-compacts-4

I was also fortunate enough to find some good items this past weekend at the fleamarket:

The keys will make great clasps

keys-1

And though this piece of antique celluloid would make a great centerpiece on a necklace, I think I’ll resell it in my shop.

celluloid-1

Last but not least, what has to be my biggest stroke of luck of all- to be the Dad of a kid who looks great in striped pajamas.

striped-Jeremia

Until next time-

-M

No comments: