Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

All News is Big News

Though some is bigger than others- If you have been to my Etsy Store lately, then you probably already know what the BIG NEWS is, but if not, well just see below.

Sleeping

Yep, my wife and I had our first child-a healthy, hungry baby boy named Jeremia. He was born on April 2, and has been the cause of many a sleepless night as of late. However, I wouldn’t trade him in on a mule (as my Mother is prone to saying), meaning I think he’s pretty great.

First-Bottle

He’s already almost doubled his weight in 10 weeks, so I can just imagine what it’s going to be like trying to keep this kid fed during his teenage years.

Flying-Baby

As they say, eat, sleep, poop, that about sums him up at this point, though he will talk your ear off if he gets the chance.

Tarheel-Baby

But this isn’t all that has gone on, the spring shows went very well, and I’m currently getting ready for the next- Bele Chere. It’s a monster of a festival attracting about 350,000 people to the Asheville area of the NC mountains the last weekend in July. Seriously, it’s a great show, if you can find a way to go, get there. Good food, good music, good art, need I say more?

Bele-Chere

I’ve also been working on a lot of new paintings- here are two:

Treeline

Treeline 2009 20 x 24 x 1.5

Trot-II

Trot II 2009 22 x 34 x 1.5

Click on either one to see more details about them in my Etsy Store. I’m also going to be listing -TOMORROW- all of the jewelry that I was posting about before Jeremia arrived. That includes: Virtue Adrift, The Evening Star, 250 Regrets, and others. So, be looking out for them- they may go fast!

Lastly, I still haven’t finished the website update, but I’m almost there- busy, busy, busy is my new middle name. Until next time… -M

No comments: