Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Friday, February 27, 2009

What I'm Reading

As a visual artist I have a shady confession to make- I have never been much of one for reading. I tend to like books with really great visuals, and the words are often secondary for me. However, my current obsession is quite the exception. I'm referring, of course, to,"The Jeweler's Studio Handbook" by Brandon Holschuh.

studio-book-2


Yes, it certainly is great artistic eye candy, but the information included within its pages, is quite informative and straightforward without being boring. If you have any interest in jewelry making at all, I think this book is a must read. And even if you don't have an artistic bone in your body, this book is still a great read.

studio-book-3

It reminds of several other excellent books I have acquired over the past few years. None of these are "How-to" books, but they are still really good "curling up in a comfortable chair on a drizzly afternoon" books.

Anonymous

anonymous

The Perfect Medium

perfect-medium-book

Rauschenberg: Art And Life

rauschenberg-book

Enjoy.

-M

No comments: