Art, Shadows, and Light in the Darkness...

Monday, September 3, 2007

The Power of Night


"Luna" 2007 22" x 26" Digital Pigment Print Copyright Mikel Robinson.

I recently created this image and have been wondering since then, what is it with the power of the night? Why in the darkness do things seems so much different than during the day? Because I also work with light in my art on a regular basis, naturally I am also going to be working in dark spaces. But, in my mind, a darkened space, and the darkness at night are two entirely different things conceptually and physically. We associate night with sleep, with crime, as the time when ghosts appear, but in this day and age couldn't these just as easily be seen during the daylight hours? I think that is why she holds a watch with no hands, perhaps darkness is only a state of mind instead of a state of time. Who knows, maybe I just need some sleep. Enjoy.
You can purchase this piece online at: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6892717

No comments: